Imprint and Data Protection
Principal investigator for this tool is Rebecca Wade.
For legal imprint and data protection information, please check our institute policy, also loaded for your convenience at the bottom of this page.
To contact the team from the tool development/maintainance, please use our Contact page.
Acknowledgement and References
Work on MolSurfer was supported by
How to cite Molsurfer
- R.R. Gabdoulline, R.C. Wade & D. Walther (2003) MolSurfer: a macromolecular interface navigator, Nucleic Acids Research, 31, 3349-3351. abstract and full text
- R.R. Gabdoulline, R.C. Wade & D. Walther. (1999) MolSurfer: two dimensional maps for navigating three-dimensional structures of proteins, Trends Biochem. Sci., 24, 285-287 . (excerpt)
MolSurfer applications citing the first reference above.
- Hough MA, Hall JF, Kanbi LD, Hasnain SS. (2001) Structure of the M148Q mutant of rusticyanin at 1.5 angstrom: a model for the copper site of stellacyanin, Acta Crystallogr D, 57, 355-360.
- Luedemann SK, Gabdoulline RR, Lounnas V, Wade RC, Substrate access to cytochrome P450cam investigated by molecular dynamics simulations: An interactive look at the underlying mechanisms, Internet. J. Chem. (2001) 4, 6. (abstract)
- Campbell JD, Biggin PC, Baaden M, Sansom MSP (2003) Extending the structure of an ABC transporter to atomic resolution: Modeling and simulation studies of MsbA, Biochemistry, 42 (13), 3666-3673.
- Flaus A, Rencurel C, Ferreira H, Wiechens N, Owen-Hughes T (2004) Sin mutations alter inherent nucleosome mobility, EMBO Journal, 23, 343-353.
- Wang T, Tomic S, Gabdoulline RR, Wade RC (2004) How optimal are the binding energetics of barnase and barstar? Biophys J. 87, 1618-30.
- Huelsmeyer M, Chames P, Hillig RC, Stanfield RL, Held G, Coulie PG, Alings C, Wille G, Saenger W, Uchanska-Ziegler B, Hoogenboom HR, Ziegler A, (2005) A Major Histocompatibility Complex Peptide-restricted Antibody and T Cell Receptor Molecules Recognize Their Target by Distinct Binding Modes (A Major Histocompatibility Complex Peptide-restricted Antibody and T Cell Receptor Molecules Recognize Their Target by Distinct Binding Modes), J. Biol. Chem. 280, 2972-2980.
- Kövesi I, Schay G, Yonetani T, Laberge M, Fidy J, (2005) High pressure reveals that the stability of interdimeric contacts in the R- and T-state of HbA is influenced by allosteric effectors: Insights from computational simulations, Biochim Biophys Acta, 1764, 516-21.
Third party software and databases
This tool uses the following databases and tools:
- RCSB PDB Database: www.rcsb.org
H.M. Berman, J. Westbrook, Z. Feng, G. Gilliland, T.N. Bhat, H. Weissig, I.N. Shindyalov, P.E. Bourne (2000) The Protein Data Bank
Nucleic Acids Research, 28: 235-242.
We use the REST-full
webinterface of RCSB as well as download full entries.
- JSMol visualization (version 14.4.2) is used for the
interactive visualization of the protein structure. It does not require a Java plugin.
- Twitter bootstrap 4 is used to generate the HTML user interface elements.